Employers, please email job postings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Public Relations and Marketing - Florida Southern College
About this position
The Director of Public Relations and Marketing develops and implements a strategic news and media relations program with a goal of increasing the visibility, awareness, and reputation of the College with a variety of audiences, most notably national media. The Director serves as the primary media contact for the College and works on special projects that enhance visibility and brand.
- Lead overall brand identity strategy for the College.
- Develop, implement, and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications program working at both strategic and tactical levels that focus on building visibility in local, regional and national print, online and broadcast media.
- Secure the College’s inclusion in numerous nationally recognized college ranking guides and enhance its profile coverage.
- Oversee the editorial direction, design, and production of publications, social media initiatives, advertising, and media with a goal of creating dynamic, engaging materials that authentically convey and reflect the key brand attributes of Florida Southern College.
- Work collaboratively with senior administration to offer proactive and strategic communications support and leadership to offices and programs throughout the campus.
- Develop and oversee marketing budget; track, analyze, and report ROI for all marketing expenditures.
- Assess proposed new marketing initiatives, e.g. electronic publications, social media strategy, mobile applications, and others through competitive research and business analysis, and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Direct and contribute to the writing, editing, and design of communication and marketing materials. Oversee production from draft creation, proofing, and distribution of final product. Execute and manage elements including: article/topic selection, research, content and writing/editing.
- Assist with peer school and parent communication strategies.
- Approve all design and copy of collateral material.
- Develop a strategic marketing and communications plan for the College’s Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, targeting tourism leaders, publications, and organizations.
- Contribute to the success of the Advancement Department by performing all other duties as needed to drive the vision, fulfill the mission, and abide by the values of the College.
About our ideal candidate
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in communication or marketing preferred.
- Seven years experience in communication and/or marketing, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated track record of strong partnerships with media and other public relations professionals.
- Superb written and oral communication skills; sound management and presentation skills; the ability to think creatively and analytically and to synthesize ideas quickly under deadlines; and the sensitivity, diplomacy and flexibility to balance diverse communications goals and needs.
- Strong writing, revising, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficient with multitasking, organizing, and prioritizing while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality under deadline pressure and with a high level of professionalism.
- Must be willing and able to work extra hours during peak periods, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to exercise judgment on a wide range of issues in written and oral expression, including style, tone, length, organization, etc.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Must have previous experience with print production and working with Adobe software (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop etc.).
- Computer literacy, specifically word processing.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and standards for the management and disclosure of public information.
- Knowledge of public information and community relations concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques.
About Florida Southern College
Founded in 1883, Florida Southern College is the oldest private college in Florida. The College maintains its commitment to academic excellence through 70+ undergraduate programs and distinctive graduate programs in business administration, education, and nursing. Florida Southern has a 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio; is an award-winning national leader in engaged learning; and boasts 30 NCAA Division II national championships. It is ranked among the Top 20 Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report; named a Top Baccalaureate College by Washington Monthly; and included in The Princeton Review’s 384 Best Colleges, The Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018, and Forbes magazine’s America’s Top Colleges Guide. The College is committed to the development of the whole student through vibrant student life programs that prepare graduates to make a positive, consequential impact on society. FSC is conveniently located within an hour’s drive of both Orlando and Tampa. FSC is home to the world’s largest single-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2012. Named the “Most Beautiful Campus in the Nation” for two consecutive years by The Princeton Review and one of the nation’s “Ten College Campuses with the Best Architecture” by Architectural Digest, Florida Southern is an internationally-recognized place of beauty and academic excellence.
More information can be found on Florida Southern College’s website.