Employers, please email job postings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media and PR Manager - Qgiv
Our mission is to help people fulfill their passion to make a difference for others. Nonprofit and faith-based organizations depend on Qgiv to power their fundraising through our industry leading software and growing suite of products and services. We absolutely love the work our customers do!
We’re looking for someone who sees social media and public relations as tools to educate customers and prospects, enhance relationships between a brand, its customers, and the public, and build brand awareness.
If you’re a great storyteller, know your way around multiple social media platforms, have a full understanding of media needs and relationships, love increasing brand awareness through media outlets and speaking engagements, are a confident communicator, and are obsessed with data and using it to drive your strategy, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you’ll work as part of a team that creates blog articles, infographics, webinars, case studies, images, and more that you’ll place across social platforms with thoughtfully written, engaging posts. This means you should possess excellent copy-writing skills, have a basic grasp of graphic design and photography, and be well-versed in how to create images, copy, and video content for varying social media platforms (i.e. you know what works and what doesn’t on each platform!).
You’ll feature Qgiv customers in the best light, showing the public the passion we have for helping them make a difference in the world. Frequent interaction with our customers through customer spotlights, comments on their posts, re-shares of their content, and timely responses to inquiries are all of the utmost importance in building an engaged community. You’ll also occasionally share content from nonprofit and fundraising experts to further the department’s goal of building relationships with industry leaders. You’ll promote content across platforms, using researched targeting strategies that produce increasing reach and product visibility.
When it comes to public relations, you’ll handle all incoming media inquiries and coordination of interviews. You’ll work to increase awareness of Qgiv, our mission, and the fundraising tools we offer by actively seeking media coverage, building relationships with media contacts, and hunting down relevant speaking opportunities at local and not-so-local events alike.
You should have almost obsessive attention to detail when it comes to grammar, spelling, and overall presentation of the content you produce. Nothing leaves a sour taste in our mouths quite like a glaring typo during a live-tweet session.
Substantial Position Goals
- Develop a welcoming, informational, and fun social voice for Qgiv with an emphasis on our passion for our customers and the difference they make
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Build relationships with customers and current/potential partners online via social media and event attendance
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Collaborate with Marketing Strategy to set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Expand Qgiv’s social reach by developing and executing a social targeting strategy
- Suggestion/creation of content that is ideal for sharing on social media
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
- Be able to articulate Qgiv’s mission, what we do, and use that knowledge to respond to inquiries from the public and/or customers
- Form new and cultivate current relationships with media contacts
- Increase awareness of the Qgiv brand through various forms of media
- Confidently and consistently communicate Qgiv’s mission and offerings
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate social analytics and PR results on a quarterly basis
- Consistent high-quality social posts that are in line with Qgiv’s brand standards and written in Qgiv’s voice
- Expanded online presence evidenced by social media insights
- Visible engagement with our online community, which includes comment responses, sending relevant content to customers, and customer spotlights
- 100% response rate to social media comments and posts mentioning Qgiv
- Increased awareness of Qgiv and increased presence of content created by/written about Qgiv on various media outlets
- Increased cadence of press releases featuring Qgiv’s enhancements, updates, partnerships, and participation in the nonprofit community
- Development of social posting and targeting strategy, tracking mechanisms, and reporting
- Development of PR strategy to include monitoring, analysis, and communication of PR results
- Technical requests from customers may be received via direct messages on social media
- Facebook algorithms changing and reducing post visibility
- Negative responses to social posts or media coverage
- Last-minute internal requests
- Large chunks of customers from the past that weren’t followed on social media
- Cleanup of customers who are no longer Qgiv users
- Limited amount of current media contacts
- Give posts a human touch and speak in Qgiv’s voice; it’s okay to be funny now and then
- Collaborate with other teams like Marketing Strategy, Sales, and Customer Experience to ensure brand consistency
- Add value by sharing great content created by Qgiv, content partners, and nonprofit experts
- Cultivate relationships with customers/followers on social media without heavily relying on other departments. Collaboration is fine; dependence is not.
- Create a social media strategy for conferences and events
- Feature customers, build relationships, and communicate with followers by interacting and responding in a timely manner (sharing relevant posts and tagging, responding to comments, etc.)
- Communicate our company culture through inside looks at Qgiv, holiday posts, happenings around the office, etc.
- Occasionally respond to after-hours messages from customers (no, we don’t expect you to be on Facebook at 2 am)
- Promote social content using a researched targeting strategy, testing and changing settings along the way for improvements
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, and blog layout) – request updates as needed
- Use high-quality images that meet brand standards
- Share content from industry experts with the goal of building mutually beneficial relationships
- Effectively track performance of social posts, analyze data, and communicate results on a quarterly basis
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Monitor and respond to reviews/negative posts on social platforms
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Seek out relevant speaking opportunities at conferences, community events, industry events, etc.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, and keynote presentations
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media
- Coordinate with Marketing Strategy to evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising on an on-going basis
- Leverage relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Develop an effective way to monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate quarterly visits by Qgiv staff to local customers
What’s it like to work at Qgiv?
We are guided by our core values: introspection, empathy, persistence, openness, and passion. We work hard to meet deadlines and goals, but we also like to have fun. We eat cake every month to celebrate birthdays, and sharing a beer with colleagues is something you might see around the office. We strive to create a culture where individuals can grow personally and professionally and maintain a work environment you actually look forward to every day. Most importantly, we know that at the end of the day, our software helps make the world just a little bit better.